[Samba] [samba]How to config samba4 internal dns?

Sense Zeng opaperjam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 09:37:39 MDT 2013

I tryed bind as backend. But the problem was still the same: can't use
"samba-tool dns" to query. There were same errors in log.samba:
dnsserver: Failed to find DNS Zones in
CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=dotest,DC=com
In the end I finded the solution. I config the dns zone in win2003. Change
the setting of zone replicated from "To all domain controllers in the
Active Directory domain dotest.com" to "To all DNS servers in the Active
Directory forest dotest.com". Now it seems samba-tool dns is ok with samba
internal dns.