[Samba] Samba 4 and vfs_recycle

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 30 07:44:24 MDT 2013

Hi,
I am trying to get vfs_recycle working on Samba 4, I compiled Samba 4
myself, so the man page for vfs_recycle is in:
/usr/local/samba/share/man/man8/vfs_recycle.8

I have the recycle bin working on a share, the problem I have is with
lists, for instance, how to list which files to exclude. The man page
just says:

recycle:exclude = LIST
            List of files that should not be put into the repository when
            deleted, but deleted in the normal way. Wildcards such as *
and ?
            are supported.

OK, but just how are you supposed to separate the components of the
list? with commas, spaces or what?

Also, bearing in mind that I am using version 4.1.0rc3, why does the man
page have this at the bottom.

VERSION
        This man page is correct for version 3.0.25 of the Samba suite.

Slightly out of date, I think ;-)

Rowland