[Samba] Samba4: Home of Users

Neurodesarrollo infneurodcr.mtz at infomed.sld.cu
Thu Sep 26 14:09:32 MDT 2013

Hi List, I'm new in the list and with Samba4
I was installed, samba4 ver. 4.0.9 in a server with openSUSE 12.3, 32 bits.
Previously I had samba3.6.x installed in my server, the users could
access to /home/(users) as like as users drive (U:) and modify every
thing in theirs drive.

But with Samba4:
- How my users can modify theirs home(eg.User:erick, with home
directory: /home/erick ) in the server, because in this, they can't
modify(Delete, Create, Rename and so so) any thing.
- When the user login in their session how can appear automatically the
drive U: for example with their home files.

My client PC are windows XP sp2 installed with theirs profiles "only local".

Thanks

	T.I.A.

I provide my "smb.conf" configuration if you could help me.

[global]
	server string = Samba4 Server en NEURODESARROLLO
	workgroup = NEURODCAR
	realm = NEURODCAR.MTZ.SLD.CU
	netbios name = ALFA
	server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc
	dns forwarder = 10.44.0.10
	logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
	logon home = \\%N\%U
	logon drive = U:
	domain logons = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	local master = Yes
	preferred master = Yes
	os level = 65
	log level = 3

[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    valid users = %ACCOUNTNAME%, %S, %D%w%S
    browseable = No
    read only = No

[profiles]
    path = /usr/local/samba/Profiles/
    read only = No

[netlogon]
	path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/neurodcar.mtz.sld.cu/scripts
	read only = No

[sysvol]
	read only = No

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/tmp
	printable = Yes
	create mask = 0600
	browseable = No

[print$]
	comment = Printer Drivers
	path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
	write list = @ntadmin root
	force group = ntadmin
	create mask = 0664
	directory mask = 0775

--
Jesús Reyes Piedra
Admin Red Neurodearrollo,Cárdenas

La caja decía:"Requiere windows 95 o superior"...
Entonces instalé LINUX.