[Samba] samba4 with glusterfs

wil nodenet at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 24 17:57:56 MDT 2013

Ulrich Schinz <uli <at> schinz.de> writes:

> Am 11.05.2013 03:31, schrieb Hisham Attar:
> > for mine to work (under ubuntu) I had to mount with the options at the
> > end or it didnt work
> > mount -t glusterfs gluster01:/vol01/samba/glusterfs -o acl,user_xattr
> >
> ah ok, maybe in earlier versions... for now it's an unkonwn option...
>
> mount -t glusterfs sba-gluster01.intern.ksfh.de:/dfsvol01
> /samba/glusterfs/ -o acl,user_xattr
> unknown option user_xattr (ignored)

the option does appear to be there but it is either miss-named or doesn't
have an appropriate alias setup

glusterfs --help | grep -i attr

correct option name appears to be selinux

you could modify the mount script...
nano /sbin/mount.glusterfs

I can confirm this option doesn't appear to be in glusterfs 3.2.5 built on
Jan 31 2012 either as user_xattr or selinux

the operation of mount.glusterfs appears to be buggy when issued user_xattr
option - the log in /var/log/gluster/mnt.... indicates its trying to resolve
it as a host name

options are only specified after the volume when using the mount.glusterfs
script directly...
Usage:  mount.glusterfs <volumeserver>:<volumeid/volumeport> -o <options>
<mountpoint>

I believe when working directly with mount it's more normal to do as per man
entry....
mount [-fnrsvw] [-t vfstype] [-o options] device dir