[Samba] delete kerberos databases and start over

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 15:30:14 MDT 2013

Everything you mention shows that you are using samba as an AD DC, with
that being said, you should NOT be running your own KDC server, samba
provides this already. With samba stopped, double check that port 88 is not
being used ' netstat -anp | grep 88 | grep "LISTEN " ' If there is
something using that port, then kill it and try to restart samba and see if
thing start working better then. If not, start samba, then post the last
~25 lines of /usr/local/samba/var/log.samba and log.smbd if you don't mind.

Ricky