[Samba] Samba4 as AD member & local rights problem...

Thomas Besser thomas.besser at kit.edu
Tue Sep 24 01:13:22 MDT 2013

Hi Marc,

Am 19.09.2013 21:07, schrieb Marc Muehlfeld:
> Am 19.09.2013 16:27, schrieb Thomas Besser:
>> have a samba4 server as AD member (security =ADS). I have no account
>> with "Domain Admin" rights, only a normal account with delegated
>> privilege to managing GPO and for domain join.
>>
>> I can not manage the printserver resp. upload the win drivers. The
>> smb.conf option 'printer admin' is gone with v4.
>
> Have a look at the print server HowTo, I wrote:
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_as_a_print_server

The permission problem I got solved.

Like described here
(http://geekyprojects.com/ubuntu/getting-windows-printer-drivers-from-cups/)
I enabled 'root' for short and granted the 'SePrintOperator' right to a
normal account and switched back to security = ads

Now the next problem arises:

I can now upload the win drivers as described in your howto section
"Uploading printer drivers for Point'n'Print driver installation"
successfully. I can also see the files in the samba drivers share.

But I can not associate it with a printer! The dropdown on
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/File:Choose_driver.png is empty!

Any hint what's wrong here? A bug in samba4?

Running the sernet samba4 debian package (sernet-samba 99:4.0.9-6) on
debian wheezy.

Regards
Thomas