[Samba] Force user doesn't work

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Mon Sep 23 08:20:20 MDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-09-23 at 11:45 +0200, Bart-Jan van Hummel wrote:
> I am using Samba 3.6.6 on Debian Wheezy.
>
> I want to be able to change www files on my dev server using my macbook.

That is your problem right there. The MacOS X smb client does not
generally respect force user/group parameters when Unix extensions are
present.

Simplest solution is to put "unix extensions = no" in your smb.conf and
restart Samba. Though this requires that you don't rely on them
elsewhere.

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.