[Samba] Samba4: Can't create shares outside sysvol and netlogon

"Th. Söldenwagner" ts at linexus.de
Tue Sep 17 04:45:52 MDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to create shares for my users in our new Samba4 domain, but
with no luck so far.
My current /etc/samba/smb.conf looks like this:

[global]
workgroup = ADLS
realm = ADLS.EXAMPLE.COM
netbios name = CASTOR
server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

[netlogon]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/adls.example.com/scripts
read only = No

[sysvol]
path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
read only = No

[homes]
path = /var/lib/samba/exchange_folder
read only = No
map acl inherit = Yes

I am connected to the server with a Win7 client, no problem to bring it
into the new domain. I can view and browse sysvol and netlogon. I can
create subfolders under sysvol and netlogon but clicking on my
homes-share gives me error code 0x80070035.
I also see no security tab when right-clicking on it.

I assume bind and samba are working fine together, otherwise I shouldn't
be able to join the domain at all, right?
Any productive hint with this is appreciated, as I read several howtos
and tried so many configuration, all with no success.
BR
Thoralf