[Samba] samba4 adding an index to sam.ldb

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Sep 14 16:46:21 MDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-09-14 at 09:10 -0500, Bo Kersey wrote:
> I have a large installation >20k users.  We're using samba4 for AD Authentication, and also email address validation.  I'm trying to edit the @INDEXLIST in sam.ldb to add an index on otherMailbox to speed up searches (0.05 sec for indexed, vs 2.5 sec for non-indexed searches) I'm finding that when I use ldbedit to do this, it appears to add the additional @IDXATTR.  However, when I go back and check via ldbsearch, the attribute is not there.  Seems to be failing silently...  How do I debug this?

We override that list with a list from the fINDEXED attribute in the
schema.  Just modify that and the new index will be created.

I'm also keen to hear more about how you have gone with an installation
that large, as there are not many installations as large as yours, and
it will help us advise others.

Thanks!

Andrew Bartlett