[Samba] samba4 upgradeprovision

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Sep 14 02:04:39 MDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-09-13 at 16:28 -0700, Robert Watson wrote:
> I have the latest samba4 4.2 git running on centos6.4 but when I originally
> provisioned it I didn't include the --use-rfc2307 for AD posix attributes.
> I'd like to map certain AD users to unix users so should I do a samba-tool
> upgradeprovision --use-rfc2307 to add this option?

You only need to extend the schema if you want to use ADUC. If you're
happy managing rfc2307 from the centos DC, then you're ready to go. For
the git you have, you can use the new samba-tool user add which now has
the ability to add rfc2307 attributes.

samba-tool user add --help for the syntax details.
HTH
Steve