[Samba] Samba 4 and automount

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Sep 13 16:41:23 MDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-09-13 at 09:54 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 13/09/13 09:34, steve wrote:
> >
> Hi
> I re-read your post with all the info and found these:
>
> DEFAULT_MASTER_MAP_NAME="CN=auto.master,CN=HOME,CN=defaultMigrationContainer30,DC=hh3,DC=site"
> SEARCH_BASE="CN=home,CN=defaultMigrationContainer30,DC=hh3,DC=site"
>
> HOME & home are MY domain, you need to set them to YOUR domain

Hi Rowland
Yeah, I was being spectacularly thick yesterday.

I gave up with the /etc/sysconfig/autofs approach and went for sssd
instead. I sensed that this was gonna be a lot simpler with sssd.

Thanks for your guidance with the schema. I've put the details and the
maps converted for AD here:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/samba4-autofs.html

HTH
Steve