[Samba] Windows 7 samba 4 domain join problem

jared.m.jacobson at L-3com.com jared.m.jacobson at L-3com.com
Thu Sep 12 16:09:03 MDT 2013

Embarrassingly, it turns out that I had opened the wrong port for microsoft-ds (UDP port 445 instead of the TCP 445 it should be).  As soon as I corrected that, the workstation joined the domain just fine.

Jared

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Müller [mailto:mueller at tropenklinik.de]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:52 PM
To: Jacobson, Jared M @ CSG - CSW; samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: AW: [Samba] Windows 7 samba 4 domain join problem

No you do not need to change any registry settings with samba 4 and windows 7.
Is your dns working?
First of all on your linux box try a  smbclient -L localhost -U% Or more like this to be shure administrator is enabled and working:
[root at s4master ~]# smbclient  //s4master/netlogon -Uadministrator Enter administrator's password:
Domain=[TPLK] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.0.7]
smb: \> ls
  .                                   D        0  Fri Aug 23 08:16:23 2013
  ..                                  D        0  Fri Aug 23 11:14:25 2013

                65503 blocks of size 33553920. 65502 blocks available
smb: \>

If in any case it refuses you can try to enable "administrator":
samba-tool user enable administrator
or list all known users to be shure:
samba-tool user list

Good luck