[Samba] Configure samba 3.4 running with mysql backend

tony ha tonyha1090 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 05:58:27 MDT 2013

Hello,

I a using samba 3.4 with mysql backend. I have problem when add user to
mysql. I use command "smbpasswd -a user" for add user to mysql. But when I
query mysql, I realized that user does'n have UID and GID.

I use windows explorrer for test. When i type username and password to
enter resource, i get message "the network name could not be found". I see
samba log, I found problem is "Can't find a unix id for an unmapped group".

Here is content of samba configuration file:

[global]
        workgroup       = WORKGROUP
        security        = user
        wins support    = yes
        server string   = SRDOC
        hosts allow     = 10.10.10.1
        unix charset    = UTF-8
        dos charset     = CP932
        unix password sync = no
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/smbusers
        log level = 5
        syslog = 0
        max log size = 100000
        map to guest = bad user
        smb ports = 139 445
        load printers = No
        passdb backend = mysql:samba
        samba:domain column = 'LOCALDOMAIN':
        encrypt passwords = yes
        update encrypted = No
        allow trusted domains = Yes
        samba:mysql host = localhost
        samba:mysql password = xxxxxxx
        samba:mysql user = vinasamba
        samba:mysql database = samba_authentication
Working]
        comment         = Working Vinahost Document
        path            = /home/f/public_html/working
        read only       = no
        writable        = yes
        create mask     = 1750
        force create mode = 1750
        force directory mode = 1750
        valid users     = vy vynt f

Why I miss UID and GID when add user to samba ? How i solve this error ?

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you in advance.