[Samba] Sharing files while being member of an active directory

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Wed Sep 11 09:39:30 MDT 2013

You give almost no information about what's wrong or the details.

What version of Samba? 4.0.?
Did your install go flawlessly, and the new Samba box joined the
domain fine?
What Windows clients, Win7, XP, Vista, Win8, Win95?
Are the windows clients members of the domain?

What is holding the domain, a Samba server or Windows?
What functional level is the domain? (AD 2000, AD 2008R2 etc)

It's not clear to me, you're sharing files from the Samba4 box?

Could you reproduce your smb.conf?

I'm probably not the guy who can help best, but no-one will have the
least idea where to start with what you've *not* provided in terms of
details.

-Greg