[Samba] Windows 7 samba 4 domain join problem

George Itee george.itee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 11:29:03 MDT 2013

Hello,

I once had this issue when I did not use the full domain name. Try and use
the full name "testdomain.local" for example when joining the domain.

Also make sure you use have the DNS properly configured on both the DC and
client.

On the linux side, make sure you have in /etc/resolve.conf :

Domain yourfulldomainname
nameserver x.x.x.x (ip address samba dc)

And Dns1=x.x.x.x (ip address samba dc) in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethx

Post back with the results :)

George

Sent via Android Mobile Device