[Samba] Samba4 LDAP Integration with Asterisk

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Tue Sep 10 09:53:08 MDT 2013

Hi Victor,

I looked at using asterisk real-time ldap with samba4 a few years ago.
I determined that by using it, though, I would be unable to use freepbx.
Basically it makes a situation where the extensions database needs to be
in ldap and mysql at the same time, and I did not find a way where they
would both be reliably in sync when something changed on one side or the
other.

So in reading this thread I find myself wondering; are you using some
kind of web-based app like freepbx to manage your asterisk and use
real-time ldap in asterisk at the same time?  If so, can you point me in
the direction you took to accomplish that?  I am very interested to know
your approach...

For the record, I also tried importing the asterisk schema into ldb, and
as I recall I ran into many of the problems you are running into now.
Around that time I was trying to import lots of schema's (which I later
found was mostly unnecessary), and most times the oLschema2ldif program
wouldn't completely convert a schema, or if it did ldb wouldn't usually
import the whole thing.  In some cases, I was able to import what did
work using the ldb commands, and then I used active directory tools to
add attributes manually in windows: the one thing I really remember
about that was how tedious it was.  Not sure if that worked with the
asterisk schema, but if all else fails, it is something you can try...

--
Computerisms
Bob Miller