[Samba] Samba4 automount schema: convert from flat files to LDAP

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Sep 9 07:00:24 MDT 2013

Hi
I think I've managed to get the automount classes into the the schema:

 ldbsearch
--url=/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb.d/"CN=SCHEMA,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=HH3,DC=SITE.ldb" | grep "dn: CN=automount"
dn: CN=automountKey,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hh3,DC=site
dn: CN=automount,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hh3,DC=site
dn: CN=automountInformation,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hh3,DC=site
dn: CN=automountMapName,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hh3,DC=site
dn: CN=automountMap,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hh3,DC=site

1. Samba fires up fine. Does that look about right?
2. I now have to convert the following files to LDAP syntax:
/etc/auto.master
/home/users /etc/auto.users
and:
/etc/auto.users
* -fstype=cifs,sec=krb5,username=cifsuser,multiuser ://altea/users/&

There's so much unreadable stuff out there. Do we have anything
followable for this? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Steve