[Samba] Migration from Windows to Samba4

Rob Janssen rob at ision.nl
Sun Oct 27 01:41:12 MDT 2013

Günter Kukkukk wrote:
> Am Samstag, 26. Oktober 2013, 20:42:04 schrieb Rob Janssen:
>> Taylor, Jonn wrote:
>>> Run this command to update your DNS.
>>>
>>> samba_dnsupdate --verbose --all-names
>> Hmmm...  this command now outputs:
>> ; TSIG error with server: tsig verify failure
>> for every update it attempts to do (the updates look reasonable), ending
>> with: Failed update of 21 entries
> when using the internal dns you can _ignore_ the above TSIG error(s).
> The update is done ok.
> We need to fix it so that that error message isn't shown anymore...
>
> Cheers, Günter

Ok, but the result after the update is not right, so something is going wrong.
Or is this update only ADDING information and not REMOVING what is there
but is not correct anymore?
What needs to be there is there, but there is also old information.

And do you have an explanation why I can get some information out of the
internal DNS using "host -t srv" that is not there when I use
"samba-tool dns query" or "Windows DNS administration"?
Is there a way to show what is in the database files, some dump utility?

Rob