[Samba] File permission problems after update from Samba 4 alpha 17 to Samba 4.0.5

X-Dimension x-dimension at gmx.net
Sun Oct 20 11:48:11 MDT 2013

For what reason did you stay at NTVFS? Did you also tried to switch to S3FS?

I did some short tests today and created a new share named "Testing".
I created some folders and some subfolders as administrator on it.
The strange thing is, that a domain user can now rename the parent
folder, but not it's sub folders
or the files in these folders.
After this i switched to S3FS, and get the same results when trying to
rename the folders or files,
that i created with NTVFS before.
But if i create new folders with S3FS as administrator, everything works
fine and users can rename
or remove all folders, sub folders and files now.

Thats why i think it could be a better solution for me to switch to
S3FS, backup all existing Files, create
a new folder structure and copy all files back, that they get the S3FS
ACL attibutes.
But i don't know if i run into other problems when switching to S3FS and
going back again to NTVFS
is not so easy.