[Samba] Samba 4 as Kerberos server for NFSv4

Luc Lalonde Luc.Lalonde at polymtl.ca
Thu Oct 17 11:14:27 MDT 2013

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to configure AD  (mixed Samba4 and Windows2008R2 DC's) for
kerberized NFS (NFSv4).

Our server is CentOS 6.4 (with Samba 4.1.0)f and our clients are Fedora 19.

Console sessions work fine and the user's home directory mounts fine
with AutoFS. But sessions initiated with GDM, KDM, or even SSHD fail to
mount the user's home directory.

We can get an SSH session working if use this setting
"UsePrivilegeSeparation no". So I guess GDM, KDM, and SSHD need to have
access to the user's home directory during session initialization.

The nfs/fqdn and root/fqdn SPN's (service principal names) are set up
from what I can read on multiple guides online.

Anyone have an idea what's missing?

We are presently using CIFS with PAM-MOUNT but would like to use NFSv4
instead because of the lack of CIFS kernel support for quotas.

Thank You!

--
Luc Lalonde, analyste
Luc.Lalonde at polymtl.ca