[Samba] [homes] support in Samba 4.x

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Tue Oct 15 00:07:30 MDT 2013

As with every version of samba 4 I had indeed the Problem if I choose [homes] ,as known with samba 3, samba 4 will deal with it as if
it is a normal share. Not the dedicated home directory of the user! And [homes] does not work with ADUC in any way (and if I choose samba 4 I choose ADS).
AS long as there is no gui admin tool for samba4 I think the most of us will use ADUC. It is the integrated way for an admin because
In production he is working on a windows client.
So I stopped using [homes].

Daniel

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV