[Samba] Samba4: Home of Users

Neurodesarrollo infneurodcr.mtz at infomed.sld.cu
Wed Oct 9 07:14:15 MDT 2013

El 30/09/13 17:11, Rowland Penny escribió:
> On 30/09/13 21:45, Neurodesarrollo wrote:
>> El 26/09/13 16:09, Neurodesarrollo escribió:
>>> Hi List, I'm new in the list and with Samba4
>>> I was installed, samba4 ver. 4.0.9 in a server with openSUSE 12.3, 32 bits.
>>> Previously I had samba3.6.x installed in my server, the users could
>>> access to /home/(users) as like as users drive (U:) and modify every
>>> thing in theirs drive.
>>>
>>> But with Samba4:
>>> - How my users can modify theirs home(eg.User:erick, with home
>>> directory: /home/erick ) in the server, because in this, they can't
>>> modify(Delete, Create, Rename and so so) any thing.
>>> - When the user login in their session how can appear automatically the
>>> drive U: for example with their home files.
>>>
>>> My client PC are windows XP sp2 installed with theirs profiles "only local".
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> 	T.I.A.
>>>

>>> I provide my "smb.conf" configuration if you could help me.
>>>

>>> [global]
>>> 	server string = Samba4 Server en NEURODESARROLLO
>>> 	workgroup = NEURODCAR
>>> 	realm = NEURODCAR.MTZ.SLD.CU
>>> 	netbios name = ALFA
>>> 	server role = active directory domain controller
>>> 	server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
>>> winbind, ntp_signd, kcc
>>> 	dns forwarder = 10.44.0.10
>>> 	logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
>>> 	logon home = \\%N\%U
>>> 	logon drive = U:
>>> 	domain logons = Yes
>>> 	domain master = Yes
>>> 	local master = Yes
>>> 	preferred master = Yes
>>> 	os level = 65
>>> 	log level = 3
>>>
>>> [homes]
>>>     comment = Home Directories
>>>     valid users = %ACCOUNTNAME%, %S, %D%w%S
>>>     browseable = No
>>>     read only = No
>>>
>>> [profiles]
>>>     path = /usr/local/samba/Profiles/
>>>     read only = No
>>>
>>> [netlogon]
>>> 	path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/neurodcar.mtz.sld.cu/scripts
>>> 	read only = No
>>>
>>> [sysvol]
>>> 	path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>>> 	read only = No
>>>
>>> [printers]
>>> 	comment = All Printers
>>> 	path = /var/tmp
>>> 	printable = Yes
>>> 	create mask = 0600
>>> 	browseable = No
>>>
>>> [print$]
>>> 	comment = Printer Drivers
>>> 	path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
>>> 	write list = @ntadmin root
>>> 	force group = ntadmin
>>> 	create mask = 0664
>>> 	directory mask = 0775
>>>
>>> #######################################
>>>

>> Any body in this list can help me ???
>>
>> Thanks in Advance
>>

> Hi, from your posted smb.conf, you seem to be mixing up the settings for
> [...]

Thanks friends, all working fine now.

I want ask another question: Can do it without Window$, the last part in
the URL above (Change permitions of the share files) with a tools of Samba4.

--
Jesús Reyes Piedra
Admin Red Neurodearrollo,Cárdenas

La caja decía:"Requiere windows 95 o superior"...
Entonces instalé LINUX.