[Samba] Installing SerNet Samba for Debian

samba1 at nym.hush.com samba1 at nym.hush.com
Wed Nov 20 09:36:27 MST 2013

Thanks very much for all the help.

I restored the server, then had another go.

I ran the ap-get update && upgrade first (nothing to update)
I also checked apt-get –f install (all okay)
I installed the sernet public key.
Then I created the sources list file for sernet

I ran ‘apt-get install sernet-samba’

It says there were dependencies in sernet-samba-common which had
further dependencies in sernet-libwbclient0, so it didn’t install

I ran ‘apt-get install sernet-libwbclient0’ and it installed, but
it also removed 16 other packages including gnome.  It did prompt
to ask if I wanted to go ahead with the installation/removal– I
said Yes, just to see what would happen.

I ran ‘apt-get install sernet-samba’ and that successfully
installed.

However, when I run ‘apt-get –f install’ it’s now showing a whole
list of packages (around 200)which are no longer required, due to
the packages it removed when installing sernet-libwbclient0.