[Samba] Unable to join samba4 to AD as a DC

Michael Brown michael at netdirect.ca
Mon Nov 11 14:14:45 MST 2013

On 13-11-05 11:21 PM, Michael Brown wrote:
> On 13-11-05 10:56 PM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>> I suspect our IDL for DSBindInfo is incorrect, or does not have the
>> level we need for 2012.
> I did note that the samba4 documentation (somewhere) recommended not
> going above W2008R2 functional level, so I did ensure I created the
> forest and domain at W2008R2.
>
> Shouldn't that be enough to avoid this problem? Is it worth the
> expense of setting up another DC (running W2008R2) just to test domain
> join against that machine?
Of course it is :)

I set up another forest from scratch using W2008R2 and using the W2008R2
forest and domain functional levels.

With this setup, I was able to join the clients without issue (other
than the usual glibc bug exposed by underscores in DNS names).

So, yes there is a definitely a difference in there exposed by setting
up the domain using W2012.

M.

--
Michael Brown               | `One of the main causes of the fall of
Systems Consultant          | the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero,