[Samba] configuring Shares, Users with Samba 4.0.5 as an AD DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at f2s.com
Mon May 20 05:09:43 MDT 2013

Hi, Remove all of this:

#  security = ads
  password server = 192.168.25.133
  idmap uid = 10000-20000
  idmap gid = 10000-20000
  winbind enum users = yes
  winbind enum groups = yes
  winbind cache time = 10
  winbind use default domain = yes

Then remove this line:
      valid users = @SAMDOM\SCHUELER

restart samba4

Go here:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/sssd-in-samba-40.html

Install sssd refering to the above link

Then browse google for using ACL.s with samba4, this usually just entails
adding 'acl, xattr' to the relevant line in your /etc/fstab

Then set the access from a windows pc

Forget winbind, it sucks, Samba4 winbind != Samba3 winbind, samba4 winbind
!= complete

Note that this is just my own opinion.

Rowland