[Samba] problem with adding printers to samba4 [solved]

chantal rosmuller crosmuller at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 00:46:10 MST 2013

On 02/28/2013 03:47 PM, Andrew Martin wrote:
> [...]
Sure, I compiled samba 4 with cups support enabled and configured it as
a DC. Then I installed cups with yum. Added a printer in the cups
webinterface. I added this to smb.conf:

[printers]
     comment = All Printers
     path = /var/lib/samba4/spool
     browseable = Yes
     read only = No
     printable = Yes

[print$]
     comment = Point and Print Printer Drivers
     path = /var/lib/samba4/print
     read only = No

created the spool and chmodded it to 1777
created the printer driver directory

Now I am not quite sure whether I added the following as I do not have
acces to the server right now. But I might have added to the global
section in smb.conf:

load printers = yes
printing = cups

then I joined a windows 7 pc to the domain, went to \\servername\ and
there is was, the new printer

So it was actually exactly like the wiki said

As for your group policy question, I don't know. If I find out I'll post it.