[Samba] S4 : trusting 2003 domain

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Mar 7 23:56:16 MST 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 12:45 +0100, BOTZ Franck (Informaticien) - DDT
67/SG/MGI/CI wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I want to trust a 2003 domain on my S4 PDC
>
> The final is to access shares on 2003 domain
>
> How do i do this ?

You can join a new Samba 4.0 AD DC to your Windows 2003 domain with
'samba-tool domain join dc'.

However, if you are asking about having a domain trust between two
different domains, then sorry, you cannot currently trust a Windows
domain from a Samba 4.0 AD Domain, or vice versa.  This remains a
feature we plan to develop, but currently is is not possible.

Andrew Bartlett