[Samba] sysvolreset failing on glusterfs

Andreas Gaiser info at multifake.net
Wed Mar 6 14:21:30 MST 2013

thanks for your answer.

I don't think it's a permission issue, as the script is invoked as root
and I don't think it's changing its uid.

I've had a look into the code and what I see is, it's somewhat selective
about the method to set ACLs depending on the filesystem AFAIR. The
stack trace only shows the python part. The actual error results from C
code. Setting ACLs using a windows client seems to work.

Furthermore, if I'm mounting the glusterfs volume, in the mount list,
the acl option is not shown.

I think somewhere a decision about the availabilty of ACLs is going wrong.

Very funny, at one occasion it did work, though complaining after
minutes of activity, and ACLs were present after that (can't tell if
they're correct). But this part is not well reproducable. In fact there
is no reasonable way to do a sysvolreset at the moment, lengthening my
list of issues.

Andreas