[Samba] Samba + Winbind ID Mapping Issue

Andrew Brunton andrew.brunton at brc.qld.gov.au
Sun Jun 30 23:18:28 MDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is the correct place to be asking this but here goes:

We currently are using Samba 3.5.x and Winbind to do ID mapping for our
Active Directory environment. We are currently experiencing an issue where
new users/computers/groups created in the domain, occasionally but not
always will take the UID of someone that already exists. It is important to
note that both the new user and old will have the same UID; this results in
neither user being able to access those files.

We are looking at moving the idmap range in the smb config to a range
outside of what has already been assigned; will this affect users already
in our tdb (database).

Regards

--
ANDREW B <andrew.brunton at bundaberg.qld.gov.au>