[Samba] [samba 4.0.6] samba_dnsupdate and samba_spnupdate failling

Alberto Flórez Castro albflorezcastro at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 13:45:31 MDT 2013

I have joined a samba 4.0.6 archlinux PC as an additional AD domain
controller to an existing windows 2003 active directory domain using the
official HOWTO as reference. For DNS I used BIND 9.9.3-P1. The samba PC
apparently joined the domain correctly and the database is replicating. But
if I look at the log.samba file I see the following messages:

[2013/06/23 21:30:44,  0]
../lib/util/util_runcmd.c:334(samba_runcmd_io_handler)
  /usr/bin/samba_dnsupdate: Failed to exec child - No such file or directory
[2013/06/23 21:30:44,  0]
../lib/util/util_runcmd.c:334(samba_runcmd_io_handler)
  /usr/bin/samba_spnupdate: Failed to exec child - No such file or directory

Also I can confirm that the DNS is not updating. If try to execute manually
the dns update (samba_dnsupdate --verbose --all-names
) I get:

-bash: /usr/bin/samba_dnsupdate: /usr/bin/python2#: bad interpreter: No
such file or directory

Any ideas about how to solve this issue?.

Thank you very much for the help.

Alberto.