[Samba] dynamic DNS Updates still failing, re-installed 9 more times, tried everything I could think of, now bald.

Gary Maurizi garymaurizi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 04:07:53 MDT 2013

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'--disable-isc-spnego'

CentOS base AND epel bind9.8 packages both compile with this, this IS/WAS
the cause of my and every other samba4 CentOS 6 users issue with dynamic
DNS updates.

01. Downloading the source RPM, removing this line from the build
--disable-isc-spnego

02. and changing --with-gssapi=yes TO: '--with-gssapi=/usr/include/gssapi

03. and adding the line --with-dlopen=yes

04. and re-installing bind, and then proceeding with the samba 4 domain
controller tutorial fixed the issue.

I apologize for being the squeaky wheel here, but this is the first time in
15 years I have run into a problem I could not find a solution to with all
of the google-fu in the world. I even tried recompiling the official bind
9.9.?3 tarball from ISC source with the two options in the build tutorial
and ran into the same issues, as --disable-isc-spnego was built in that way
as well.

Thank You for updating the WIKI, maybe even a note that the CentOS 6
version of bind available via YUM will not work, or a note to check with
named -V that --disable-isc-spnego is not in your build, and that
--with-gssapi=yes is wrong and needs to read
--with-gssapi=/usr/include/gssapi or something of that sort, as when I was
working through this, the build-bind page contained only "GSSAPI and dlopen
support" mentions.

A.Bartlett you have been a tremendous help, and I have learned a ton
trouble shooting this issue, not least of all where the advil was hiding in
the medicine cabinet.

I hope to pass it on.

GM