[Samba] SAMBA MIGRATION: Help!

ArthyD arthur.dupont at esial.net
Thu Jul 25 08:23:39 MDT 2013

I wrote this topic because I want to migrate my Samba 3 server (on fedora).

I've read almost *every* topics about the subject on this mail list and many
other on the web.
Following those tutorials I tried in so many way to move my server on Samba4
(fedora 18) but no one worked.
I begin to be a little bit frustrated by the situation so I want to retry
from de beginning but I need your advices.

How would you migrate Samba in my case?

Old Server: Samba 3 Fedora 11 without LAPD
New server (new machine): Samba 4 Fedora 18 without LAPD
*Rq: Linux users and groups IDs have changed  (>500 on F11 to >1000 on F18)*

My configuration:
[global]
	workgroup = SAMBA-TEST
	netbios name = serveurtest
	server string = %h
	encrypt passwords = yes
	NT ACL SUPPORT = yes
	security = user
	map to guest = Bad User
	hosts allow = 127. 192.
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 50
	passdb backend = smbpasswd
	os level = 33
	domain master = yes
	preferred master = yes
	domain logons = yes
	logon script = logon.bat
	logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U\%a
      logon home = ""
	wins support = yes
	dns proxy = no
	unix password sync = yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u

	#log level = 10

[profiles]
	comment = User profiles
	path =  /home/samba/profiles
	create mask = 0600
	directory mask = 0700
	writeable = yes
	hide files = /desktop.ini/thumbs.db/
	hide dot files = yes
	browseable = no

[profiles.V2]
	copy = profiles

[netlogon]
	comment = Script de login
	path = /home/samba/netlogon
	root preexec = /home/samba/netlogon/scriptserveur.sh %U %m %T %I %a 'login'
	root postexec = /home/samba/netlogon/scriptserveur.sh %U %m %T %I %a
'logout'
	readonly = yes
	guest ok = yes

[partage]