[Samba] tab key does not complete the package name or list the packages in apt-get command

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 03:21:15 MDT 2013

sorry, i ask in wrong lists,

see for your self what i am saying may be i can not communicate it properly.
see below result it is giving me no match. means samba is not installed.
root at virt-dev:~# dpkg -l  | grep samba
root at virt-dev:~#

now check this out.

root at virt-dev:~# apt-get install sam
sam2p                samba-doc            samidare
samba                samba-doc-pdf        samizdat
samba-common         samba-tools          samplerate-programs
samba-common-bin     samdump2             samtools
samba-dbg            samhain
root at virt-dev:~# apt-get install sam

when i hit sab after "sam" you can see the result for your self.

Thanks,