[Samba] Centos 6 + Samba 4 + Memeber server of AD 2008

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 03:59:24 MDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Nicolas Pagliaro
<NPagliaro at espectador.com.uy> wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to add a fresh install Centos 6 to a Windows 2008 AD like a member
>
> I follow this steps:
>
> Yum install samba 4*
> Then I modify smb.conf, krb5.conf and nsswitch.conf like this

Stop there. If you don't actually need an AD server on CentOS 6 or
RHEL 6, yank out the Samba RPM's and replace them with older samba-3.x
 tools. The 4.0.0 release published in CentOS is seriously out of
date, and is mostly there for some dependencies for other software.
You'll be using the much more RHEL supported configuration.

If you really need all the Samba 4.x features, such as a full-blown AD
server, then hop over to https://github.com/nkadel/samba-4.0.7-srpm
and prepare to spend some time building up the full toolchain,
including an updated "iniparser", "libtalloc", "libldb", "libtevent",
and recompiling the "sssd" softwaer for compatibility with the new
libraries. I've done most of the work for you, except local
compilation, and I know a few people are using it. But you probably
don't need it.