[Samba] Accsse Deny

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 05:30:57 MST 2013

Hi

On 20 January 2013 21:12, Helmut Hullen <Hullen at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hallo, Usuário,
>
> Du meintest am 20.01.13:
>
>> Substituting charset 'UTF-8' for LOCALE
>> password:
>> lang_tdb_init: /usr/lib/samba/en_US.UTF-8.msg: No such file or
>> directory NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED: Access denied (0xc0000022)
>
>> Why it's returning Access Denied for me ?
>
> As I've told you in the squid mailing list: the main problem is
>
> "/usr/lib/samba/en_US.UTF-8.msg: No such file or directory". Your
> machine can't find that file. Why?

I think this is a red herring.

It looks like it's just looking for the en_US.UTF-8 version of the
Samba localised messages and not finding them.  It shouldn't impact on
the behaviour of ntlm_auth.

To silence it, you could try something like:

export LANG=en_US
ntlm_auth ...

or maybe: export LANG=C

but that won't solve the actual problem.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>