[Samba] about AD replication

Amaury Viera Hernández avhernandez at uci.cu
Tue Jan 8 09:28:52 MST 2013

Hi everyone,
First of all, apologize me for my language, i don't speak english fluentlly,

Well,

I have been testing samba 4.0.0 from the sources in:

http://ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/samba-4.0.0.tar.gz

i have been using bind as dns backend and following these
turorials(internal dns is not working fine for me):

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_4/OS_Requirements

OS: Ubuntu precise - > 12.04.1(i686) LTS (bind version:  9.8.1-p1)

Everything is working fine for me.

My principal objective is for replicating an Active directory domain
controller.

I have been reading this tutorial using the dlz driver for bind9(
internal dns is not working for me):

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4_joining_a_domain

Operating systems:
- Windows Domain Controller: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
Edition Service Pack 2(using i386)
- Linux domain controller: Ubuntu precise - > 12.04.1(i686) LTS (bind
version:  9.8.1-p1)

I have been testing that:
- I can add a user on the Samba DC using either the Samba command line
tools, or the Windows GUI admin tools and that the user shows up within
a few seconds on the Windows domain controller.
- I can add a user on the Windows Server domain controller using the
Windows GUI admin tools and that the user shows up within a few seconds
on the Samba DC

The main problem is that while the windows domain controller is turn on
the user's autentication in domain controllers works fine, but, when  I
turn off the windows domain controller the users can't login in the
linux domain controller.

Thank you in advanced.
Best Regards,
Amaury Viera Hernandez.

The following message is automatically attached to this email.

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci