[Samba] net rpc share allowedusers gives "Coult not query secdesc for share"?

Paul Wise pabs3 at bonedaddy.net
Wed Feb 27 18:13:20 MST 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-27 at 13:32 -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> Who are you authenticating as ?

It is a specially created user for each server.

> Are you doing this as Administrator ?

I guess from your response that the user needs to be an admin?

I'm not sure as I don't have access to the Windows side of things, but
it looks like from this list that the answer is no for this server?

DOMAIN\user
 DOMAIN\user
 DOMAIN\domain users
 DOMAIN\secgrp_rev_rdp
 DOMAIN\user_god
 \Everyone
 NT Authority\Network
 NT Authority\Authenticated Users

At other sites where this works, the user is in the 'domain admins'
group, but at one of them, there is no obvious admin group:

DOMAIN\user
 DOMAIN\user
 DOMAIN\domain users
 DOMAIN\iis_wpg
 DOMAIN\staff
 DOMAIN\management
 DOMAIN\wbd remote ts
 \Everyone
 NT Authority\Network
 NT Authority\Authenticated Users

PS: if it isn't already fixed, you might want to fix the typos in the
diagnostic messages that I posted.

--
bye,
pabs