[Samba] "map to guest = bad user" ignored in Samba 4?

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at weaubleau.k12.mo.us
Wed Feb 13 22:31:28 MST 2013

Hi Sebastian,
Many of the per share options can now be done using ACL's. In this case you
would open the netlogon share (via windows) start -> run ->
\\MY-SERVER\netlogon (then press enter), then right click on a blank spot
in that folder (not on any other file or folder) and select properties.
Find the security tab and you can make the modifications you want
(specifically adding Everyone with full permissions should give you what
you are looking for, though I have not been able to test this yet). If I
get a chance soon I will do some testing to make sure that the acl change
is all that is needed.

To find out what options are available, samba-tool testparm -v will give
you a nice list (at least for global).

Ricky