[Samba] Append/delete permissions

Dejan Gambin dejan.gambin at coin.hr
Wed Feb 6 14:11:08 MST 2013

Hi,

I am new on the list but have been using samba for a while. At the moment I have the following problem/request:

- have a group of ordinary users (lets call it ALL)
- have a group of admin users (lets call it ADMIN)
- have a share X

I want all my ordinary users (they are in valid users list as @ALL) to be able to create/add files and folders in this share but NOT be able to delete them once they are added. Besides, I want that all those created files/folders can be deleted by the admin users from ADMIN group.

I suppose this is possible but don't know how. I have been playing with create mode/mask, directory mode/mask, force user/group, inherit owner, inherit permissions, chattr, etc but didn't make any success. I am using Samba 3.5.6 on Linux Debian machine.

Thanks very much for any useful information

regards, dejan