[Samba] compiling samba for ubuntu 12.4 lts

Nils Weidinger nils.weidinger at e3p.de
Fri Feb 1 07:16:38 MST 2013

My 2nd samba packages for ubuntu didn't work out as well either. The
configuration from git.debian.org doesn't build the basic packages
providing smbd, nmbd, etc...

The configuration of the debian-experimental branch in the
abartlet/samba-debian.git on gitweb.samba.org seems to be ahead of that.
Finally I was able to install the packages I've build using that
configuration with the 4.0.1-sources on a blank ubuntu12.4 server
installation and it's running very well so far.