[Samba] can't share /var/log/ww2

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Fri Dec 27 12:06:43 MST 2013

Hello,

Am 19.12.2013 17:21, schrieb aletat13 .:
> I can't share one folder but it works for another folder at the same
> machine(2)(CentOS 6.4).
> SELinux is switched off, smb.conf has security = shares. It is working on
> other machine(1)(which has the same configuration).
> I get the following - NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \*.

Can you recheck, that SELinux is off?
# sestatus
# getenforce

Have you checked the permissions on all directories?
# ls -ld /
# ls -ld /var/
# ls -ld /var/log/
# ld -ld /var/log/ww2/

Maybe the account you are using doesn't have permissions to enter this
folder.

 > I have to say that I can share folder at (2) machine - say  -
 > /usr/share/..

Sorry. I don't understand that. What did you mean?

Regards,
Marc