[Samba] question about sysvol replication

Listas de Correo toshiro.listas at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 10:46:50 MST 2013

Hi,

I've created an Active Directory domain with 2 samba 4 running in
debian (I'm using the latest 4.1.x sernet packages).

Everything is running perfectly but I've found that I also have to
configure sysvol replication (that I didn't), looking at
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SysVol_Replication I've found this
statement:

 ... for rsync-based SysVol replicaton, you have to choose one DC, on
which you do all modifications (GPO edits, logon script changes, etc.)

What this exactly means? I have to only connect to the select DC to do
antyhing (like creating users, joining computers to the domain, etc)?