[Samba] Linux client of the domain - SSSD : authenticating via Kerberos

Cyril cyril.lalinne at 3d-com.fr
Thu Dec 19 10:03:54 MST 2013

Le 19/12/2013 17:13, steve a écrit :
> On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 16:53 +0100, Cyril wrote:

>>> Hi
>>> Please post the censored content of:
>>> /etc/sssd/sssd.conf
>>> and the passwd and group greps of:
>>> /etc/nsswitch.conf
>>> and, for later:
>>> /etc/pam.d/common-auth
>>> Steve
>>>

>> The workstation is an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64Bit
>>
>> /etc/sssd/sssd.conf :
>>
>> [sssd]
>> services = nss, pam
>> config_file_version = 2
>> domains = default
>>
>> [nss]
>>
>> [pam]
>>
>> [domain/default]
>> ad_hostname = myserver.sub-domain.domain.fr
>> ad_server = myserver.sub-domain.domain.fr
>> ad_domain = sub-domain.domain.fr
>>
>> ldap_schema = ad
>> id_provider = ad
>> access_provider = simple
>>
>> # on large directories, you may want to disable enumeration for
>> performance reasons
>> enumerate = true
>>
>> auth_provider = krb5
>> chpass_provider = krb5
>> ldap_sasl_mech = gssapi
>> ldap_sasl_authid = myserver at SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.FR
>> krb5_realm = SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.FR
>> krb5_server = myserver.sub-domain.domain.fr
>> krb5_kpasswd = myserver.sub-domain.domain.fr
>> ldap_krb5_keytab = /etc/krb5.sssd.keytab
>> ldap_krb5_init_creds = true
>> ldap_referrals = false
>> ldap_uri = ldap://myserverIPadress
>> ldap_search_base = dc=subdomain,dc=domain,dc=fr
>> dyndns_update=false
>
> Too much to correct. Cold you compare with a working config and change
> as necessary? E.g.
> http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2013/04/sssd-in-samba-40.html

The configuration file is very different.

I'm running sssd 1.11.0, I should be able to use the AD id_provider.

I'll have a try with ldap id_provider.

>> /etc/nsswitch.conf
>>
>> passwd:         compat sss
>> group:          compat sss
>> shadow:         compat
>>
> OK
>
>> hosts:          files mdns4_minimal dns [NOTFOUND=return] mdns4
>> networks:       files
>>
>> protocols:      db files
>> services:       db files
>> ethers:         db files
>> rpc:            db files
>>
>> netgroup:       nis
>> sudoers:        files sss
>>
>> /etc/pam.d/common-auth
>>

>> # here are the per-package modules (the "Primary" block)
>> auth    [success=1 default=ignore]      pam_unix.so nullok_secure
>> # here's the fallback if no module succeeds
>> auth    requisite                       pam_deny.so
>> # prime the stack with a positive return value if there isn't one already;
>> # this avoids us returning an error just because nothing sets a success code
>> # since the modules above will each just jump around
>> auth    required                        pam_permit.so
>> # and here are more per-package modules (the "Additional" block)
>> auth    optional                        pam_cap.so
>> # end of pam-auth-update config
>>

> Nope. We're gonna need to add sss here. But let's get connected first.
>
> Can you give us a:
> klist -ke /etc/krb5.sssd.keytab
> How did you create it?
>
> HTH
> Steve

Runnig klist -ke /etc/krb5.sssd.keytab on the server give me :

Keytab name: FILE:/etc/krb5.sssd.keytab
KVNO Principal
----
    1 myserver$@SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.FR (des-cbc-crc)
    1 myserver$@SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.FR (des-cbc-md5)
    1 myserver$@SUBDOMAIN.DOMAIN.FR (arcfour-hmac)

Is the "$" normal ?
I create this file running :

# samba-tool domain exportkeytab /etc/krb5.sssd.keytab --principal=myserver$
# chown root:root /etc/krb5.sssd.keytab
# chmod 600 /etc/krb5.sssd.keytab

weird this $ symbole at the end of the command no ?
I get this command from the wiki. here :
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Local_user_management_and_authentication/sssd#Method_1:_Connecting_to_AD_via_Kerberos_.28recommended.29

Cyril