[Samba] Fwd: Samba4 - ACL not applied/followed (worked in samba 3.0.11)

Michal Hajek Hajek67 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 05:10:04 MST 2013

Here it is (xxxxxxxed and without insignificant shares).

# Global parameters
[global]
    dos charset = CP852
    unix charset = ISO8859-2
    workgroup = NIS
    server string = UHN a.s. (%v on %h)
    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldapxxxxxxxxx
    log level = 0 passdb:3 auth:3 winbind:3
    syslog = 0
    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
    max log size = 50
    name resolve order = host bcast
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY,SO_KEEPALIVE
    add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g users -s /bin/false
-M %u
    add machine script = /usr/local/bin/AMnew  '%u'
    logon script = smbprofile.bat
    logon path = \\%h\profiles\%U
    logon drive = S:
    domain logons = Yes
    os level = 35
    preferred master = Yes
    domain master = Yes
    wins support = Yes
    ldap admin dn = xxxxxxxxxxx
    ldap group suffix = ou=groups
    ldap machine suffix = ou=machines
    ldap suffix = dc=nspuh,dc=cz
    ldap ssl = no
    ldap user suffix = ou=people
    template homedir = /profiles/DEFAULT
    idmap config * :backend = tdb
    idmap config * :range =
    admin users =xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    root preexec = /usr/local/bin/RPE4 '%u' 'GLOBALS' '%m' '%a'
    follow symlinks = yes
    wide links = yes
    allow insecure wide links = yes
## default     encrypt passwords = yes
## default      obey pam restrictions = no
##    ldapsam:trusted = yes     ## nejede s 3.0.11

[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    path = /home/%u
    read only = No
    create mask = 0700
    directory mask = 0700
    inherit acls = Yes
    browseable = No
    root preexec = /usr/local/bin/RPE4 '%u' 'HOMESHARE' '%m' '%a'

[profiles]
    comment = Profile Share
    path = /home/profiles
    read only = No
    directory mask = 0700
    profile acls = Yes
    browseable = No
    csc policy = disable
    root preexec = /usr/local/bin/RPE4 '%u' 'PROFILES' '%m' '%a'

[NETLOGON]
    comment = Network Logon Service
    path = /home/netlogon
    write list = xxxxx
    guest ok = Yes
    browseable = No

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> On 16/12/13 11:23, Michal Hajek wrote:
>
>> I start smbd and nmbd (and no winbind), so I expect "v3" behaviour.
>> Including ACL. Am I right? But ACL are not applied on shares. Any new
>> parameters for v4 needed?
>>
>> Michal
>>

>> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Rowland Penny <
>> rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
>>
>>> wrote:
>>>   On 16/12/13 11:00, Michal Hajek wrote:
>>>
>>>   For clarity: By ACL I mean LINUX ACLs (seftacl, getfacl), NOT anything
>>> set from Windows clients.
>>>
>>> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Rowland Penny <
>>> rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> first
>>> mail (ACL is on and it works both directly on Linux FS and Samba v3