[Samba] [Samba 3, Debian wheezy] All of a sudden, resolving ADS user fails completely

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Dec 11 05:43:21 MST 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 13:04 +0100, Patrick G. Stoesser wrote:

> Oh, when I said I move the users I meant I move their data. The user
> accounts themselves are stored in the AD.
> I copy the user data via scp, and after that I chown and chmod the data,
> and after that I make an entry in smb.conf.

OK. So I assume that since there is only 1 file server then you can
chmod and chown as much as you like. What I can't see is how the uid:gid
pair get over to your Linux clients. Or maybe this is just a file server
for win boxes. . . Is the uidNumber for the user stored in AD perhaps?
And what is the entry you make in smb.conf? Or are these new users in a
new share with new data wih perhaps just their personal files being
transferred from the old server? Guessing. . .

> > How many users do you need to transfer? Do you have admin access to the
> > DC?
>
> I do not have full admin access to the DC, I can create users und
> machine accounts and edit the GPO in my OU.

Could you ask the admin to supply a (censored) DN of one of the users
you have just transferred so we can get a better idea?
HTH
Steve

(Just read the other post about the debian update. Maybe this is now
solved by the downgrade?)