[Samba] Can't connect to my NAS after samba 4 update

Richard llom richard.llom at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 17:02:32 MST 2013

Hello,
I updated my system to samba 4:
[richard at chakra ~]$ uname -a
Linux chakra 3.10.18-1-CHAKRA #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Nov 9 20:18:15 UTC 2013
x86_64 GNU/Linux
[richard at chakra ~]$ samba --version
Version 4.1.1
[richard at chakra ~]$ smbclient --version
Version 4.1.1

And now all of sudden I cannot any longer connect to my NAS, this is the
message I get in console:
[richard at chakra ~]$ smbclient --list linkstation
Enter richard's password:
Conversion error: Incomplete multibyte sequence()
protocol negotiation failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER

Note that I do not need any credentials to connect to my NAS.
Before it just worked.

Any help is appreciated, tia.
richard