[Samba] Samba 4 DNS name Planing

James Cort james.cort at bediwin.co.uk
Wed Dec 4 02:46:42 MST 2013

Pretty sure use of .local is deprecated in recent versions of Windows Server - ISTR it's something to do with some Windows client devices requiring a certificate signed by a recognised CA, and of course none of them will sign a certificate ending in .local.

Personally, I’d set up a subdomain of a registered domain - eg. ad.mydomain.com - and that’d be the AD domain. But I haven’t checked to see if that represents recommended practise so take it with all the salt you think it needs.

James.

--
Eckland-Cort Ltd T/A Bediwin Information Services
Registered in England and Wales, no. 02598654

Our Managed Workstation service deals with antivirus, backup and updates for just £5.00/month!
http://www.bediwin.co.uk/services/managed-workstations