[Samba] Samba 4 DNS name Planing

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 4 01:29:29 MST 2013

I suggest you always use .local if only internal use..

see RFC 6762, which has been approved and was officially published on February 20, 2013,
essentially reserves the use of .local as a pseudo-TLD for link-local hostnames
that can be resolved via the Multicast DNS name resolution protocol.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6762

Louis