[Samba] objectClass:posixAccount missing

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Fri Aug 30 14:28:56 MDT 2013

Al 30/08/13 22:18, En/na Rowland Penny ha escrit:

> The reason why I suggested that you try another distro is that, as far
> as I can see, nobody else uses Mageia on this list, at least nobody came
> forward offering help. If you had tried another distro like Ubuntu then
> other Ubuntu users could have helped from their experience.

I understand that and I appreciate the time you took to help me, but I
still prefer to stumble and learn by myself instead of just copypasting
a recipe that's known working on distribution X. Because when
distribution X+1 comes along and things break I would be none the wiser.

> I take it that everything is now working ok and you can see all your
> users, if so, I suggest you write up how you did it and get it published
> somewhere.

Actually both the configuration proposed by steve and yours were OK. The
only problem was the hostname mismatch (causing the "server not found in
kerberos database" error) and then a faulty cyrus-sasl library.
I already filed a bug against the cyrus-sasl library in mageia.

Thank you again.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti