[Samba] Change default GID of users

Bruno Vane broonu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 13:07:10 MDT 2013

Hi Steve,

Seems that this attribute does not matter, see my user "bruno.vane":
primaryGroupID: 513
gidNumber: 100

If I try to change the value of primaryGroupID I get an error:
Using:
root at samba:~# ldbedit -e vim --url=/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
samaccountname=bruno.vane

failed to modify CN=Bruno Vane,CN=Users,DC=corporativo,DC=mydomain,DC=net -
error in module samldb: Unwilling to perform (53)
root at samba:~# ldbedit -e vim --url=/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
samaccountname=bruno.vane
# 0 adds  0 modifies  0 deletes

--

Bruno Vane